Your proposal needs to provide an outline and details of an exhibition or programme. It should include:
- A short biography and/or CV
- A description of your/the artists’ past and current art practice or interests
- An explanation of your concept, purpose and ideas
- Indicative costs
- Status of the work and materials
Make sure your description helps to ensure that the assessment panel gets a clear sense of what your exhibition would contain. Some other things to consider:
- How does your exhibition connect to the local communities that Te Manawa serves?
- What practicalities such as preferred dates, dimensions, number of works need to be considered?
- Who is the key audience for your exhibition?
- Where else have you exhibited recently?
It is helpful to include:
- Images of your work, either dropped to reception or emailed in jpeg form.
- A physical description of the work you would like to exhibit (approximate dimensions, medium etc.).
- An estimation of resources that would be required should the exhibition be approved i.e. display requirements, plinths
- Any possible workplace, health and safety issues with the artworks.
- Time frame. When you would like this exhibition to happen