Te Manawa and the New Zealand Rugby Museum are open.
- Under Alert Level 2, Te Manawa is open to limited numbers of visitors only.
- Opening hours and visitor numbers: We ask that you call ahead or plan your visit using our visitor form below to avoid disappointment. In addition to our increased cleaning and hygiene regimes, the Museum will close for an hour between 12.30pm and 1.30pm each day to enable a deep clean of our public spaces, and close for the day at 4pm.
- Our team: Some staff may still be undertaking their duties at home and spending reduced hours in the office. Please be patient and allow a little longer for a response.
- Contact Tracing: You must sign in via the NZ Covid-Tracer App or sign in at our front desk.
- Masks: You must wear a mask when visiting Te Manawa. If you have a medical exemption, please alert our staff and present this to them upon arrival.
- Keep apart from other bubbles. Physical distancing of 2m from other bubbles is essential and increased hygiene protocols will be in place.
- Reduced activities: The following activities and exhibitions are not available during level 2 due to difficulties in maintaining hygiene and physical distancing. These include: the caravan and Four Square in Manawatu Journeys, The Water Room and rain cloud in Te Awa, the Tamariki kids’ area, the Imagination Playspace, and Curious Contraptions. We will advise you as and when these reopen.
Noa, Active Tots and Learning Programmes will not operate in-person until further notice and we apologise in advance for any disappointment.
- The Art Gallery will be open. Please maintain your distance from other bubbles viewing the exhibitions on show and enjoy them at your leisure.
The Covid-19 Delta variant requires us to be even more vigilant, to keep our visitors and staff safe. Our spaces and programmes are designed to bring people together, not keep them apart, so we thank you for your patience, your kindness and your understanding.
For more information on the Covid-19 Alert Levels, please visit the Covid-19 website: https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-levels-and-updates/
Any groups booked in to visit us in September will be contacted to rearrange their visit.