Te Manawa is located between the Globe Theatre and the Convention Centre on 326 -336 Main Street in Palmerston North. Only a short walk from the Square and PNCC Library.
Education programmes are available Tuesdays - Fridays from 9:30am - 5pm. Note galleries do not open to the public or for self-lead education groups until 10am.
- Pay and display public car parks are located on Main Street and directly in front of the Museum.
- A bus drop off zone is located in front of the entrance of the Museum building on Main St.
- Bus and van parking is available between Animates and the Child Youth and Family building on Church Street or on Pitt Street next to the Globe.
It is important to keep to booking times and venues as early or late arrival will affect the quality of your visit and impact other booked groups.
Arrive in plenty of time for your programme and report to the reception desk in the Museum building. If you are booked for a programme, an educator will greet you in the foyer and guide you to the appropriate Education Room or gallery. For self lead groups a Visitor Host at reception is available to answer your questions.
Download maps of the museum and gallery buildings.
Map of Art Gallery (0.07MB)
Map of Museum Building (2.23MB)
Risk Analysis Management
Risk Analysis Management Education (0.03MB)
There are three education rooms; two downstairs in the Museum building, and one upstairs in the Art Gallery. These rooms are used for education programmes in addition to using gallery and exhibition areas.
- Eating is permitted in a designated space (Wilkins Room level 1 Museum building). This area is available for classes to use as a venue for morning/afternoon tea and lunch but must be booked in advance. Please indicate when booking if you will require use of this room.
- The open courtyard between the Museum building and Art Gallery is available as a lunch area for students (weather permitting). Note this area is also open to the public.
- No food or drink in galleries or exhibition areas.
Trolleys to store students' bags are available in the foyer of the Museum and Art Gallery for visiting groups. Ask a Visitor Host for access to these when you arrive. Do not leave valuables such as cameras, wallets in these trolleys or unattended in education rooms.