Te Manawa with buzzing on Sunday for the last day of the three-day Festival of Cultures. There will be a great line-up of events and activities for all ages to participate in, watch, or listen to and learn. This is a continuation of our celebration of cultural diversity in New Zealand.
Cultural Fashion Parade - organised and presented by the Manawatu Multicultural Centre.
Toro Pikopiko puppets - Māori Rock-Art Puppet production - The Flight - Te Rerenga. This is a fabulous acoustic rock musical, featuring 100 fabulous ‘Flatso’ puppets inspired from ancient cave drawings made on limestone cliffs and caves around the Timaru district. The show re-tells a Ngai Tahu legend about Pourangahua the Birdman and his epic flight to Aotearoa in search of his own kind.
- Sarah the Scientist – Dr Sarah Kenworth shares her love and passion for science
- Migrating Kitchen – a celebration of cultural diversity in New Zealand
- Weavers – watch and learn more about their craftmanship
- Cultural Art Education – including calligraphy and African masks
- Discovery Time – storing cultural collection
Back room tour of Te Manawa.