Te Manawa Art Society
Te Manawa Art Society, which was established as the Palmerston North Art Gallery Society in 1959, has over the years built up one of the most valuable and representative collections of contemporary New Zealand art in any provincial gallery in the country.
In 1977 the Society raised funds to build the present Gallery which it managed until 1994 when it became part of Te Manawa Museums Trust. Te Manawa Art Society continues to own, add to and assist in displaying its part of the permanent collection, which is housed and curated by Te Manawa.
In the Te Manawa shop you can buy cards of works from the collection and the publication Collectively Speaking celebrating the Society’s 50th anniversary. It depicts 50 of the works, lists the entire collection and tells the story of the Art Society and the Gallery.
Support the Art Gallery and become more connected by joining the Society and receiving;
- Quarterly newsletters that provide information about coming exhibitions in the Gallery
- Invitations to openings and the Society’s Art and About events
- Te Manawa What’s On newsletters
- Notification of AGMs which provide an opportunity to join the committee and become involved in the future direction of the Gallery.
To find out more about becoming a Te Manawa Art Society Member, Download the Art Society Membership Brochure